John Ray is a well-known expert in finance and has a passion for helping business owners achieve a better bottom line. As founder of Ray Business Advisors, John advises entrepreneurs and business owners on a variety of issues related to their growth and profitability. John also hosts “North Fulton Business Radio” from the North Fulton studio of Business RadioX®, where he interviews the area’s top business and community leaders. You can also hear John as a speaker at numerous business events and seminars around Metro Atlanta.
Under John’s leadership, Ray Business Advisors helps small to mid-sized companies achieve their profit and growth goals while at the same time relieving the burden of accounting, bookkeeping, and back office administrative work. Because changing pricing is the fastest way to improve the profitability of a business, John also works with businesses to enhance their pricing strategies. Ray Business Advisors’ business reports are both robust and easier to understand than traditional financial statements and the budgets and projections they craft help find opportunities for expense improvements.
John’s work doesn’t end there. As a leader in the North Fulton business community, John encourages other business owners to become involved in the local community and enjoys making connections for clients to build their network, increase their visibility, and gain new opportunities.
Some of John’s business and non-profit leadership posts include:
Business Community Involvement
- Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce Member Since 2013.
- Board Member and Finance Committee Member since January 2017.
- Harry Rucker Jr. Volunteer of the Year, 2019.
- GNFCC Small Business Partner in Education Partner of the Year, 2015.
- Committee Member, Small Business Person of the Year, 2015-Present.
- Alpharetta Business Association Member Since 2013.
- President, 2017-2018.
- Board Member, 2015-2018.
- Chair of the Alpharetta Business Expo, 2015-2017.
- Former Chairman and Founding Corporate Member, Georgia China Alliance.
- International Partners Committee, Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce, 2004-2006.
- Global Commerce Council, Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce, 2004-2006.
Non-Profit Community Involvement
- Deacon, Holy Comforter Episcopal Church, Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta.
- Founded Backpacks of Love in 2011. In cooperation with 18 public schools in North Fulton and Forsyth Counties, Backpacks of Love delivers backpacks of food and other essential items to children who are homeless and otherwise in severe need. Since its January 2011 launch, Backpacks of Love has delivered over 270,000 pounds of food and other items to the children it serves.
Coming Soon: Speaking Engagements and Media Interviews
Past Speaking Engagements and Media Interviews
- October 28, 2019: Marketing Strategy class lecture, Goizueta Business School, Emory University
- October 25, 2019: "Pricing for Profit," National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI), Atlanta Chapter.
- October 10, 2019: Seminar on Effective Pricing, Launch GSU, Georgia State University
- July 9, 2019: Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, North Fulton Business Group
- May 2, 2019: "Better Pricing for Professional Services Firms" | Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce
- April 25, 2019: "The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly of Podcasting" Panel Discussion | Podcast Atlanta | Atlanta Tech Park, Peachtree Corners, GA
- April 24, 2019: "Common Pricing Mistakes You Must Avoid" | Duluth Rotary, Duluth, GA
- April 17, 2019: "Common Pricing Mistakes in Professional Services" | Professional Services Alliance, Sandy Springs, GA
- March 27, 2019: "Learn Business Building Strategies that WORK" Panel Discussion | North Metro Atlanta SCORE | Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce
- February 10, 2019: "Pricing For Profit" | "Business Infrastructure Curing Back Office Blues" podcast | Host: Alicia Butler Pierre | Produced by Equilibria
- February 4, 2019: "It's Time to Raise Your Prices!" | "Marketing Made Great" podcast | Produced by Cornerstone Media Group
- January 30, 2019: Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce | "Your Price Is Too Low!: How to Change Your Pricing and Make More Money"
- January 23, 2019: Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce, Alpharetta, GA | "Common Pricing Mistakes You Must Avoid"
- January 17, 2019: Lunch and Learn at Explore Gwinnett (Gwinnett Co. Convention & Visitors Bureau) | "Better Proposals, More Business, Better Prices"
- January 9, 2019: Metro Atlanta Business Association | "Common Pricing Mistakes You Must Avoid"
- October 24, 2018: Lunch and Learn at Explore Gwinnett (Gwinnett Co. Convention & Visitors Bureau) | "Your Price Is Too Low: Better Pricing for the Hospitality Industry"
- October 10, 2018: Pricing Seminar at Launch GSU | "Price Effectively or Die: Pricing for Start-Ups"
- October 9, 2018: Small Business Seminar at the Greater Hall Chamber of Commerce | "Your Price Is Too Low! How to Raise Your Price and Keep Your Customers"
- October 5, 2018: "If I Had Only Known" Panel Discussion | North Metro Atlanta SCORE | Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce
- September 11, 2018: Business Builder Series at Johns Creek Chamber of Commerce | Value Pricing for Small Business: "Your Price Is Too Low! How to Raise Your Price and Keep Your Customers"
- August 13, 2018: "Biz Communication Show" podcast with Dr. Bill Lampton
- May 9, 2018: Private Workshop @ Herbert Legal Group, Roswell, GA | "Pricing Diagnostic Review"
- May 2, 2018: Professional Services Alliance, Sandy Springs, GA | "Your Price Is Too Low!"
- April 25, 2018: Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce, Alpharetta, GA | "Have the Value Conversation (and Get a Better Price!)"
- March 8, 2018: Rotary Club of Sugarloaf, Duluth, GA | "Your Price Is Too Low!"
- October 4, 2017: Rotary Club of Johns Creek North Fulton, Johns Creek, GA | "Your Price Is Too Low!"
- August 9, 2017: Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce, Alpharetta, GA | "Have the Value Conversation (and Get a Better Price!)"
- June 14, 2017: Jackson County Chamber of Commerce, Jefferson, GA | "Your Price Is Too Low!"
- March 9, 2017: Private Workshop @ Alpharetta, GA | "Seeking Help, Facts, and Changing Minds"
- February 16, 2017: Private Workshop @ Alpharetta, GA | "Give to Grow"
- January 25, 2017: Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce @ Alpharetta, GA | "Give to Grow"
- January 12, 2017: Private Workshop @ Alpharetta, GA | "Tracking a Sales Pipeline"
- December 15, 2016: Private Workshop @ Alpharetta, GA | "Putting Together a Plan for the New Year"
- November 10, 2016: Private Workshop @ Alpharetta, GA | "How to Do a Year End Checkup on Your Business"
- October 18, 2016: Gwinnett Small Business Summit (Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce) @ Infinite Energy Center, Duluth, Ga | "Transforming Your Business With Better Pricing"
- October 13, 2016: Private Workshop @Alpharetta, GA | "A Step By Step Guide to Pricing and Crafting a Proposal"
- September 14, 2016: Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce @ Alpharetta, GA | "Tips From the Trail"
- August 11, 2016: Private Workshop @ Alpharetta, GA | "Profile Your Way to Better Pricing and Service"
- July 18, 2016: Private Workshop @ Alpharetta, GA | "Digging Deeper on the 80/20 Rule"
- May 19, 2016: Athens Business Expo @ Athens, GA | "Pricing Your Product, Pricing You"
- March 24, 2016: Private Workshop @ Alpharetta, GA | "Seven Key Growth Drivers of Your Business"
- February 11, 2016: Guest on "Gwinnett Business Radio" (podcast link)
© 2018 Ray Business Advisors, LLC. Powered by Web Chimpy.